What type of birth certificate
is needed for passport?

The type of Texas birth certificate that you will need to obtain to renew or apply for a U.S passport is a long form Texas birth certificate.

The two other types of Texas birth certificates that you can order from Texas Vital Statistics are the short form and heirloom birth certificate versions that will not be accepted by any expedited passport agencies or the U.S government for passport applications and renewals.

Was This FAQ Helpful?

6 out of 7 found this helpful

Still got a question or concern?

Click here to contact us or go back to the main FAQ page.