I live outside of the U.S can
Birth Certificate Texas still help me?

Texas Birth Certificate Authorization Form Embassy Seal

Texas Birth Certificate Authorization Form Embassy Seal


Yes, but you have to do some extra steps first.

By Texas law, for any person or company to talk with or order your vital records documents from the State of Texas you must first give them written permission to do so by signing and getting a Texas Designation To Obtain a Vital Record form notarized (it can be a notary in any of the 50 U.S states).

But if you’re not physically located in the United States the State of Texas will not accept or recognize a foreign country’s notary stamp on the required Designation To Obtain a Vital Record form.  You will need to go to a U.S Embassy or a U.S consulate in the foreign country where you’re currently living or visiting.

You will need to have the embassy/consulate put their official U.S embassy/consulate seal and signature on the notary section of the Texas Vital Records authorization form that you must sign in their presence (see example above). You will then be required to MAIL this document to us and it can’t be emailed to us.

The State of Texas will no longer accept scanned copies of this form as of December 1st, 2022.

But we highly recommend the much easier and cheaper route which is for you to hire a U.S based e-notary/virtual notary service to perform an electronic notarization via webcam on the Texas Designation To Obtain a Vital Record Form.

The electronic notary stamp should look similar to the example below and the e-notary public can be based in any of the fifty U.S states.

Then you can email us the electronically notarized form and you won’t have to mail us anything which will save you a lot of time, hassle, and money.

Electronic virtual e-notary

Was This FAQ Helpful?

11 out of 11 found this helpful

Still got a question or concern?

Click here to contact us or go back to the main FAQ page.